Report from the Annual Steele-Waseca Co-op Meeting
The Steele-Waseca Co-op Electric 80th annual meeting was Tuesday, June 7, in Owatonna.
According to a press release, 824 members and guests attended and that is the largest attendance since 2009. Steele-Waseca Co-op Electric services a nine-county area including Steele, Waseca, Rice, Freeborn, Dodge, Faribault, Blue Earth, Goodhue and Le Sueur.
Three incumbent directors were elected to three-year terms:
- in District 4, Dennis C. Ringhofer of Owatonna
- in District 6, Gary W. Wilson of Owatonna
- in District 2, Geraldine Lienke of Janesville
Elected to a one-year term was incumbent Ronald D. Sommers of Northfield after being appointed by the board in November 2015.
Lucas Arndt of Owatonna, Steele-Waseca's 2015 Youth Tour Delegate, gave a presentation about his experience in Washington, D.C. Recognized were Abigail Hansen of Owatonna and Karsten Singh of Northfield as 2016 delegates; they will be going to Washington D.C. June 11-16.
Former Alliant Energy customers were welcomed by SWCE General Manager Syd Briggs. The Southern Minnesota Energy Cooperative, SWCE is a member, purchased Alliant Energy's service territory in Minnesota at the end of July 2015.
The board of directors met at the conclusion of the meeting to reorganize the officers that were elected:
- President Gary Wilson
- Vice President John Beal of Faribault
- Secretary/treasurer Gerri Lienke
- Assistant secretary/treasurer Renee Malecha of Dundas
- Chaplain Duane Edwardson of Ellendale.