NRHEG Football May Spread out their Offense this Season
Panther football has resisted the trend of going to the spread offense that has become popular. But this fall NRHEG might open it up a bit more.
Senior quarterback Sam Prigge told KRFO during Wednesday's Ellendale Show broadcast that the team has been adding plays to their offense and says it will lead to more big play potential. The team participated in a 7-on-7 league in Mankato this summer. Prigge got limited varsity time as a junior, but threw a couple of touchdown passes after coming in to their playoff game last season. The Panthers lost the Blue Earth Area to finish the 2015 campaign at 6-3.
Besides graduating their quarterback and running back, the Panthers also will have some new players along the line. Senior Jack Schultz returns to the trenches and knows he needs to be a leader for the younger players as upperclassmen were for him. Schultz mentioned WEM and Maple River as two top dates on the Panthers' schedule. Losses to the Buccaneers and Eagles were the only regular season losses for NRHEG last year.
The Panthers will scrimmage at Triton High School on Saturday, August 27. They open their season Friday, September 2, hosting Mayer Lutheran. The Panthers won that match-up last season 14-7.
All games are a 7PM start for NRHEG.
- Friday, September 2, vs. Mayer Lutheran
- Friday, September 9, at Lester Prairie-Holy Trinity
- Friday, September 16, vs. WEM (Kat Kountry 105 broadcast)
- Friday, September 23, at Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop
- Friday, September 30, vs. Sibley East (Kat Kountry 105 broadcast)
- Friday, October 7, at Le Sueur-Henderson
- Friday, October 14, vs. Lake Crystal-Welcome-Memorial
- Wednesday, October 19, at Maple River