Traveling Vietnam Wall Fundraiser
The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall will be coming to Fairbault during Labor Day weekend in 2016, which would be from Wednesday, August 31, until Monday, September 5.
A breakfast fundraiser will be taking place on Sunday, December 13, from 8AM until noon at the Faribault American Legion Post #43, 112 Fifth St. NE. Tickets for adults at the door cost $10 and tickets for children 5-11 are $6 at the door.
The menu includes:
- Scrambled eggs
- Biscuits with gravy
- Seasoned potatoes
- Coffee and juice.
According to TravelingWallFaribault2016.org, this is a cooperation with several veteran organizations including Faribault Elks Lodge #1166, Faribault American Legion Post 43, Faribault VFW Post 1562, Marine Corps League.
Two more events are planned next year to raise money for the reception and presentation that the Traveling Vietnam Memorial deserves.
A bike run will be on Saturday, April 23, and a Classic Car Show and Run will be on Saturday, June 11.
The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall will be all around the USA next year and most events are on Wednesday through Sunday. The list includes:
- Sedena, Ariz.: March 30 to April 3
- DeFuniak Springs, Fla.: April 20-24
- New Braunfels, Texas: May 25 to June 5
- Marquette, Mich.: June 22-26
- Kokomo, Ind.: June 29 to July 4 (Monday)
- Fulton Dale, Ala.: July 6-10
- Geneseo, Ill.: Aug. 17-21
- Bloomington, Ill.: Aug. 24-28
- Faribault, Minn.: Aug. 31- Sept. 5 (Monday)
- Troy, Ill.: Sept. 7-11
- Firestone, Colo.: Sept. 14-18
- Williamstown, Ky.: Sept. 28 to Oct. 2
- Salem, Ill.: Oct. 5-9
- Leavenworth, Kan.: Oct. 26-30
- Monohans, Texas: Nov. 2-6
- Laughlin, Nev.: Nov. 9-13
According to the website, the replica wall is made in the USA and engraved by a USMC Vietnam veteran.
Thank you to all who have served.