There’s a Secret Destination in SE Minnesota Worth Checking Out (VIDEOS)
Have you noticed any big walls in the distance on 52 to our north? Did you know there are thousands of acres filled with abandoned buildings?
Have you heard of UMore Park? It's in Rosemount (about an hour north of Rochester) and the vacant buildings and land are stunning...
Here are the facts:
- Originally home to the Mdewakanton band of Dakota Indians.
- By 1870 this land was filled with American farmers.
- In 1942 farmers left for the Gopher Ordinance Works initiative.
- This initiative was for factories to help produce smokeless powder for military ammunition during World War 2.
- The war ended just as the facilities began operating.
- Since then the University of Minnesota has controlled it as the University of Minnesota Outreach Research and Education Park.