Owatonna Christmas Parade Is November 19
My goodness, next week is the Owatonna Lighted Holiday Parade. It begins at 6PM on Thursday, November 19. Businesses or groups that would like to be a part of the parade are encouraged to call the Owatonna Chamber at (507) 451-7970. The entry deadline is Monday, November 16. There is no charge to be a part of the fun.
The parade check-in for lineup will be at 5PM on Front Street. The route will then proceed from Front and North Cedar to Central Park then around Central Park on West Park Square. Sharon Stark will throw the switch to bring the lights to life for the holiday season.
Those attending the parade will be treated to cookies and cider. Many of the downtown businesses will be open until 8PM.
Some of the parade participants include:
- Alexander Lumber
- Allina Health Home Oxygen and Medical Equipment
- Amerigas Propane
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Advantage Real Estate
- Block Plumbing
- Carrie's Cleaning Service
- Cedar Floral Design Studio
- Foam Craft Packaging Inc.
- Gopher Sport
- Habitat for Humanity of Steele-Waseca Area
- Manke's Outdoor Equipment and Appliance
- Open Arms Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program
- Owatonna Shoe
- Profinium Inc.
- Steele County Free Fair
- Steele County Historical Society
- Sweet Towing and Repair
- The Salvation Army
- Tony's Flooring
- Walser Chevrolet Buick Cadillac
A reminder that you can start off November 19 by attending the mayor's prayer breakfast at the Owatonna Country Club. The buffet breakfast will begin at 7:30AM. Tickets need to be purchased by November 13 at the Owatonna City Administration Office.