Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Last year, my husband and I went bowling for Valentine's Day and it was a blast. Every year "they" come up with gift ideas. Some work and some are "What?" My husband and I keep it fun when it comes to gift giving.
Here are a few ideas:
- Cards, flowers, candy are the safe bet. You could make them fun by buying a child-like card and a bouquet of lollipops. Flowers always work.
- Coffee Mugs and, since it is Valentine's Day, make sure it has hearts or kisses. To add a little more, put cappuccino, hot chocolate and/or coffee mixes with it. They will drink it up.
- Jewelry works too. Just mix it up a little. I bought my husband leather-like and beaded bracelets and I've received red beaded necklaces. One has a heart pendent on it.
- Origami is fun, and with a few folds here and there, it could be a heart or a favorite animal.
- Write happy messages on a Deck of Cards. Not an Uno deck, just a deck of 52. Here's a few suggestions. Start easy and then build on a few specific days that brought a good feeling. I cheated a little and used a whole sentence to spread over a few cards. But there are no rules to this, so have fun.
- Wineries might be fun if you drink wine. This idea is from my neighbors, who have said they go to different ones on the weekends. I could not believe how many were in the area. Falconers in Red Wing does have entertainment next weekend.
- Plays or movies would be fun and a little different, too. Paradise Center for the Arts has "Two On Tap" Saturday the 13th.