Lisa’s Logic: Lots of Superstitions
Friday the 13th again. It seems there is a phobia to the number 13: friggatriskaidekaphobia. I think I would have a phobia of trying to spell or say that.
I could not believe how many superstitions are out there. Some I thought were just sayings going from generation to generation. Some include:
- Cross your fingers for good luck
- Knock on wood
- Break a mirror and that's seven years bad luck. There's very few mirrors in our house
- It is bad luck to sing at the table. I wonder if that is why my dad would say, "No singing at the table."
- Cold hands, warm heart. That's me, my hands are usually cold
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
The list goes on. Of course, that really doesn't cover what baseball players or any athletes do when they are on or off the field. I have heard some players' superstitions are not to have any.
So, tomorrow are you going to watch scary movies or funny-scary movies? I thought of a few:
- Nightmare on Elm Street, could make it a marathon
- Chainsaw Massacre
- Blair Witch Project. I do not suggest Blair Witch Project 2 though
- Maybe, something funny would be better. The 'Burbs with Tom Hanks. That movie kind of puts scary with funny. It's Tom Hanks. I came in the middle of that film right when Chainsaw Massacre guy was coming down the stairs.
I will cross my fingers for a good day.
The sun is shining above ... Think Happy Thoughts.