Diaper Bank Available to Steele County Families in Need
The Diaper Bank is a new community resource providing an emergency supply of diapers for children, newborn through age 3, and is available for residents in Steele County. Local diaper distribution sites include The Salvation Army and Steele County Food Shelf.
Founded in 2014 by the My Baby and Me committee of the Owatonna Hospital Foundation, the Diaper Bank was developed to help meet the needs of families with young children who are living in poverty or experiencing a crisis.
To be eligible to access the Diaper Bank, each applicant shall meet the following criteria:
- show proof of residency in Steele County
- child is younger than 3 years old
- parent to sign a product liability waiver
- meet WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines, including proof of income -- pay stubs, WIC vouchers or Medical Assistance card
- receive a referral letter from an approved agency.
If a family experiences a traumatic life event, they are able to access the Diaper Bank without meeting income guidelines. Events would include a fire or natural disaster. Each family may access the Diaper Bank up to two times per child in a 12-month period, depending upon availability.
To support the Diaper Bank:
- Donations may be sent to Owatonna Hospital Foundation, 2250 N.W. 26th St., Owatonna, MN 55060
- A Stuff-a-Truck community diaper drive is being planned for June.
For more information or assistance, call (507) 977-2000.