Dancing with Steele County Stars
Dancing with the Steele County Stars was on Saturday, April 25, and took place at the Medford High School. This was a benefit for the Healthy Seniors of Steele County.
It began with former dancers dancing to "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra. The dancers were Ross and Michelle Sletten, Tom Boecker, Bessie Peterson, Matt and Annie Jessop, Lon Thiele, Connie Kniefel, Cole Johnson and JoAnn Caron. As they kicked out, that brought out the present dancers.
- Callan Paffrath and Michael Wurdeman dancing the lindy hop to "Getting in the Mood" by Bryan Setzer Orchestra
- Jeanne and Dean Rhoades dancing the bachata to "Be My Baby" by The Ronettes
- Amy and Rod Baker danced the foxtrot to "I Can't Dance" by Bobbin B, a Genesis remake
- Beth and Brent Svenby danced the cha-cha to "Dance with Me" by Debelah Morgan
- Jessica and Clint Williams danced the rumba to "Boom" by Anjulie
- Angela and Cory Michaelson danced the quickstep to "Puttin on the Ritz" by Fred Astaire
- Amber and James Konz danced the waltz to "At This Moment" by Michael Buble
- Glenda and Paul Smith danced the Argentine tango
The judges were Matt and Annie Jessop, Steve Caron and Jennifer Libby.
The awards went to:
- Fundraising Award for raising $7,000 and First Place went to Angela and Cory Michaelson.
- Audience Choice, Judges Choice and Second Place went to Glenda and Paul Smith.
- In Third Place: Amber and James Konz.
Here are a few pictures from the event.