Blooming Prairie Cancer Auction
The 16th annual Blooming Prairie Cancer Auction will be Friday, September 9, and Saturday, September 10, starting at 7PM each evening under the big top.
Some of the items up for bids this year include:
- Handmade Oak Curio Cabinet
- One-week stay at a Fort Myers Beach House
- A salad and dinner plate from the old Met Stadium
- Ice Fishing Weekend on Cross Lake
- Half a Hog and Steak Bundles
- Tickets to the Twins, Gophers, Lynx, Wild and Austin Bruins
Donations for the auction may be dropped off at the Pizza Cellar or Cue Company and also at Krejci Ford.
There are other events scheduled for Saturday in Blooming Prairie. They include the 5K Walk/Run "For a Cure." The race starts at 10AM at the Field of Flags. From 9AM to 1PM get a haircut for $5. Family bingo will be played from 4:30-6:30PM followed by a performance by Stix of Fury.
Money raised goes not only to cancer research but also the Community Fund, which helps area citizens who are battling cancer with travel, lodging, utilities, parking passes for the clinic and also the Cancer Cab, which takes patients for treatment.