ATV Safety Classes Offered in Faribault
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will be having ATV safety training classes for students 12 and older, born after July 1, 1987, in Faribault on August 6.
The online class must be completed before taking the class for certification for students 11-15. The fee is $29.50 for the online course MN ATV Riders Safety Class or A Family/group price of $29.95 is also available.
According to the Minnesota DNR website, after completion, next register for the Hands On ATV class for ages 11-15. The instructor will collect the fee.
- In Rice County, the class will be on Saturday, August 6, starting at 9AM on the fairgrounds in Faribault.
The ATV Safety Certificate may be printed after students have passed both the online and hands-on classes. There is a DNR fee of $10.
The ATV operation age requirements include:
- Training is available for ATV Safety to those 11 and older.
- With a parent or guardian, 10- and 11-year-olds may operate 90cc or less on public land.
- Completion of the Minnesota ATV safety online class is required for anyone 16 or older, born after July 1,1987, before operating an ATV on public lands, frozen waters, public road rights-of-way or state/grant-in-aid trails.
- ATV RiderCourse completion that is offered by All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Institute meets safety certificate requirements.